Fireplace Photo

Fireplace Photo

blog description line

...a mantel for sharing photos, memories, and other dust.

Thursday, February 7, 2019

I am pleased to announce the publication of my book "Behind Shooters Bar." (link below)

Follow me as I take you on a journey through life in the 1950's--a time of ice boxes, early television, the beginning of rock and roll, and outhouses.

Discover how I turned tragedy into triumph that you, too, might be an overcomer.

Here are some Facebook comments:

THIS. BOOK. ðŸ“–
If you live in Danville or if you don’t this book is a must-read. I’m not even halfway through and already I have laughed, cried and been transported back to a town 20 years prior to my birth and can see it clearly ... some things changed, antics among kids surely did not ... ðŸ˜‚ tick tacking and soaping of windows .. not knowing how our parents found out such things ... this small town .. the one I couldn’t wait to escape but so glad to be raising my son in ... this small town so rich in history, family roots and culture. ❤️
Kay .... I’m loving this story ... your story so much!

Kay, your book was beautiful that it brought back many memories of the early times of my childhood, teen, and adult years. I'm not usually a reader, but I couldn't put your book down. Read it in one sitting. Loved the beautiful flow of words onto each situation, your descriptions of the times and of your search to find your roots. God definitely walked with you your entire life. I'll definitely read any of your new books. May u always have peace, serenity, and inner calmness in your life. You are a gifted writer.

Spent the afternoon reading Behind Shooters Bar for those of you that have not read it I highly recommend it great job Kay Derr I truly enjoyed it !!


I got the mail around 4 p.m. this afternoon; by 8:00 p.m. I am 118 pages into this great book. I am not much younger than Kay and love remembering so many things she has covered in this book. They are not all great memories, but like Kay writes these are the things that bring us to our Lord and Savior and reminds us of our need for Him and He never fails us. On to finish the book!


 "It was fun reading about some of the things (trailing pine, arbutus) and places (ice plant) I had forgotten." Isn't it interesting how memories flashback, not to haunt us, but to refresh our spirits and somehow sometimes we feel like a kid again?

Please visit Amazon.com and view the first several pages.
https://smile.amazon.com/Behind-Shooters-Bar-Kay-Derr/dp/1986944913/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1549578326&sr=8-1&keywords=kay+derrhttps://smile.amazon.com/Behind-Shooters-Bar-Kay-Derr/dp/1986944913/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1549578326&sr=8-1&keywords=kay+derr

No comments:

Post a Comment